Customer spotlight story: Samsøe Samsøe
Read how Samsøe Samsøe is able to execute its digital transformation project while adding more product information in more languages (English, German, French, and Swedish).
- 70 Million in Revenue
- 250+ Employees
- Founded in 1993
Founded in 1993, Samsøe Samsøe has grown into a global brand and fashion house that draws on Denmark’s renowned Nordic design traditions. Their dedication to craftsmanship, authenticity, and function is revealed through modern-day essentials and contemporary classics for the urban man and woman.
We had the ambition to expand internationally. E-commerce was becoming top of mind, so we needed to digitize and centralize our product data to leverage it more. We needed to break down the silos of information inside our organization, simply to scale better.Jesper Arvidsson, E-Commerce Director, Samsøe Samsøe
When Samsøe Samsøe started to implement a digital strategy and grow internationally, they ran into a challenge—their webshop and its content did not meet the requirements of a great digital customer experience.
In searching for a product information management partner, Samsøe Samsøe had three key requirements that any vendor would have to fulfill:
• Knowledge of and experience with the fashion industry
• Product delivered as a multitenant SaaS solution
• Track record of seamless and successful integration with Salesforce Commerce Cloud
After talking to a variety of MDM vendors, pure-play PIM providers, and vendors with ERP plug-ins, Samsøe Samsøe chose inriver because of customer referrals and its ability to handle the color/size matrix extremely well.
From a technical standpoint, inriver PIM checked all the key boxes. It’s part of the middleware between ERP and Salesforce Commerce Cloud where the product catalog is created, enriched, and managed. This encompasses everything from category creation to SEO text writing, image handling, and more.
Now, core product data is fed into inriver from the ERP. The Salesforce Commerce Cloud webshop is then automatically updated using a standard connector from inriver.
Samsøe Samsøe is executing its digital transformation project while adding more product information in more languages (English, German, French, and Swedish) thanks to inriver’s ability to enable two critical value adds:
- Radical Improvement of Product Enrichment Processes: inriver workflows help highlight content that is missing and provides the ability to always know where they stand in the process. With inriver, they can work smarter and faster. For example, adding a search attribute for hundreds of products is now down with just a click of a button. Before inriver, this had to be done manually for each product.
- Ability to Measure the Product Readiness Percentage: The entire product catalog can be fully enriched and ready to go before the first day of selling starts. With inriver, all products are 100% enriched and deadlines are met.
Looking to the future, digital will continue to be a central part of the business roadmap. With their product data in good shape and knowing they will have access to inriver syndicate, they will be ready to meet those opportunities when the time comes.