23 Jan 2015
Malmö, Sweden – 23 January 2015
inRiver, a leader in Product Information Management (PIM), today announced the availability of its inRiver 6 PIM platform. With the new release, inRiver continues to deliver on its fast-to-deploy, easy-to-use platform that simplifies product information management for B2C and B2B companies, enabling them to build perfect product stories and creating a better customer experience across all sales channels to sell more, faster.
”We are very excited about inRiver 6 and I strongly believe it is yet another step in our commitment in enabling the inRiver users to easily go from insight to action when creating the best stories for their products. They will find that our role-based apps greatly support and simplify the PIM process. Ultimately inRiver 6 will have a positive impact on the time-to-market of all our customer’s products.” said Jimmy Ekbäck, CTO of inRiver.
Online retailing is growing fast and product-selling organizations struggle to manage an increasing demand for rich, high-quality product information, and to get it in front of their customers fast, across several digital sales channels.
“Many PIM vendors have yet to deliver on providing better and intuitive tools for marketers that are creating better product stories and experiences for their customers. With inRiver 6 we strongly feel that we continue to lead the way in this area.” said Niclas Mollin, CEO of inRiver.
With inRiver 6, inRiver continues to put the needs of marketers first, introducing several new concepts and features which will make product marketing more efficient when introducing their products to the market. inRiver 6 introduces a new PIM portal where every core stage of the inRiver PIM process has a corresponding, role-based web app for marketers to access, contribute, and collaborate around the PIM process using only a web browser running on a desktop or tablet. inRiver 6 also strengthens product information enrichment by an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use, drag-and-drop user experience that helps and guides the end user in every step of the PIM process, making them more efficient in their day-to-day work.
inRiver 6 combines:
- inRiver PIM Portal – single-point of access to role-based web apps for improved overview, user experience, and work process
- Supplier Onboarding – simplified onboarding of supplier product information, increasing product information quality and eliminating errors throughout the onboarding process
- Content Store – a one-stop-shop for improved external and internal resource and product information exchange
- Harmony in Workload – enhanced search capabilities, query building, notifications, and self-configuring nodes empowering users to be more efficient in creating perfect product stories, faster
- xConnect – enhanced possibility for developing and integrating highly customized and specialized apps to the inRiver PIM platform through the REST API
inRiver is the market leader for simplifying Product Information Management (PIM) – by putting the power in the hands of the user, we enable multi-channel commerce professionals to visually manage their product information. inRiver is fast to implement and easy to use, radically facilitating the creation, maintenance, and distribution of product information to multiple sales channels in multiple languages. 180+ customers with 750 brands around the world rely on inRiver’s PIM platform for efficiently controlling the product flow for their globally recognized brands.
inRiver was founded in 2007, and is today a well-recognized, rewarded, and rapidly growing company with an extensive partner network. The company is headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, with offices in Chicago, Amsterdam and Stockholm.