Vihtori Luhtanen decided to start his own company in 1907. His wife designed and sewed whilst Vihtori was responsible for the sales. In the early 1910’s Vihtori Luhtanen employed two seamstresses and this was the first step towards creating his own sewing workshop.
The construction of the first industrial sewing workshop was completed in 1928 at the old business location close to the railway station in Lahti. 1944 Vihtori’s son Jaakko Luhtanen became the managing director of the company. The war years were difficult for the company, and the years immediately after the war were not easy either as there was a constant shortage of textile materials.